Friday, December 16, 2005

My Indian and her cupboard

Yesterday, before my 3 hour adventure through the world of King Kong, I helped my better darker half (BDH) clear out her Manhattan Mini Storage. She is called my BDH not because of her darker sense of humor, but because she really IS darker than I am. Everybody meet Ekta.



She's been a great Art Director and friend to me over these past few months and now she's flying home to India. And this might be a permanent flight back. :( (do emoticons work on blogs?) How dare you Ekta! Just as we're all starting to love you so much. Kash did a great job pairing us up together and he has been thanked profusely many times by both of us by having him take us out to lunch.

Just on Tuesday she thought to invite me to a WYSIWYG talent show suitably called "Sumthin' Jewy This Way Comes" where Jewish bloggers read some of their works as they reflect on the Christmas holiday. We laughed, we enjoyed each other, Ekta won a door prize! 4 Jewish finger puppets of which she gave me two. Here's my Gelt puppet.

Gelt is money to all you gentiles out there.

And after that she took me to Hawaii! Well, an Hawaiian themed restaurant where we both partook in our true passion: Scotch. And when "Forever Young" came on the stereo, after I insisted she see the South African PS2 ad with that song cause I'm such an ad dork, she was even kind enough to honor me with a slow dance a la Napoleon Dynomite. I will miss you dearly Ekta and we all will be greatful for your return to the states ASAP!

3 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger DP said...

Hello fellow Indian! Well, I'm sure she's absolutely SPLENDID as most of us Indians are. :)

Kash as in Kash Sree? I met him at the portfolio review. Tough critic but overall cool guy.

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Single, Party of One said...

Bye Ekta and safe travels! And I didn't even get to meet you....what up with that? Hope you get to come back to our f-ed up country....sounds like guys had yourselves a nice little advertising marriage there.

 
At 3:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home