Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Decision time

I waited till we had a week left for this blog, (on All Saints Day of all days) but here we are, just days away from the 2006 midterm elections. Are you as pumped as I am? Of course I'm dorky enough to have voted absentee already in case work keeps me late (see previous blog). But this blog is for all the playa's out there ready to put their hats in the ring and vote. I pretty much know for a fact everybody who could possibly be reading this thing wants a Democratic House and Senate but I can't name a single one of you who would be reading this that I know will be voting. Every vote counts, 2000 and 2004 should have taught us all enough about that. This year there are youtubers out at polls to videotape any disenfranchisement and the political winds are on our backs. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have you all post a reply on this blog after election day telling me you voted. It'll be your little "I voted today" sticker that never goes away. Because this blog will be up forever and ever and ever (thanks google). So when the monkey men are checking over our servers 3000 years from now, they'll know you voted. Keep that in mind when it's time to go the polls.

2 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaime,

One thing I can always count on is your zeal during election time! You can bet on me voting on Tuesday, especially with PA having some important races (Well, one big one, actually). I found a site where you can compare your political philosophy to that of the candidates at http://www.speakout.com/VoteMatch/senate2006.asp?quiz=Senate

I'm a "conservative-leaning populist." Interesting.

Nick

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Jaime Schwarz said...

I'm a libretarian-leaning libreal.
And although David Brooks had some good points to make in his last op-ed about Santorum's senate record please tell me you're not voting for Mr. "homosexuality is the same as beastiality."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home