Thursday, July 27, 2006

There goes the bank account


I've been through this so many times before, and here it goes again. Leaving the nest. At the ripe young age of 28, I'm moving out of my parents house AGAIN to East Williamsburg (aka Bushwick) where a lovely huge studio awaits me. It's run by some Orthodox Jews who seem to be rather generous with their converted warehouse.

As you can see from the photos I'm dragging over from the craigslist site I've got 20 foot ceilings and over 500 square feet of space to frolic. There's a front yard with a bbq to store my bike, a back yard with a bbq to walk dogs, and a rooftop with a bbq where I can store my sanity.


So when everything's ready and the moving boxes have been recycled and the charcoal has been acquired, you're all invited to Jaime's new and quite individual bbq house warming.
PS - there's also a game room with free pool, free air hockey, a coffee machine, soda and snack machine, a circa 1975 gym, and practice rooms for acting, instruments, classes, whatever, and some odd medieval type dining table.

3 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Blogger concha said...

oooooh. it's in bushwick. that's why it was so noe fe-ed and available.

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations again on the new digs. I hope to make it out there soon after you move.
... Or, on second thought, I should come BEFORE you move, to help move your furniture in. I owe you, don't I?

JRL

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger gina said...

I had a place like that. I loved it. But I didn't have any furniture.

bbq. yum!

I wanna come over - I'll bring some lovely lemon squares.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home