Thursday, July 06, 2006

Oh yeah, that's right, I'm a writer

First of all, welcome to the blog world Emily!

Funny, I kinda just thought these things would write themselves and then life happens and next thing you know you haven't written for a month. Time for some updates:
I've got a lady, her name is Jessica, and boy is she lovely, I mean all around lovely. She's in the movie business trying to become a creative producer and is casting other movies along the way to make the money flow. Can't wait for all of you to meet her, those of you who haven't already of course.
I've been travelling to St. Louis for business on freaking Friskies cat food. Goodie goodie gumdrops I have to say. Center city is like the cleanest place in the entire world. And I had forgotten about that arch thing, yes it's still there. I can feel myself getting sucked into this packaged good and it's not a pleasant feeling.
Luckily I have jury duty assigned to me for this coming monday to get me out of it. But of course that itself I'm trying to get out of because my last trip to St. Louis brought me down with my worst case of Strep throat I've ever had which would be bad enough had it not led to my first case of Mono. Yes folks, I, a 28 year old, have just contracted the kissing disease. Jessica is fine, no worries there, but my god, what the hell do you do with Mono? I'm sitting in bed at noon writing this on a Thursday technically working from home and next week we're moving out of my home of 25 years into a condo, while I have this freaking disease so I can't lift anything and help around the house when I'm really really needed. It's a weird state of affairs so if anyone has any ideas of how to entertain me please send them to this blog. Muchos Gracias.

3 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Blogger Single, Party of One said...

I don’t know how to entertain you but I’m just thrilled that you have yourself a lovely lady. And I’m thrilled that you called her a “lovely lady”. I’m sorry you’re sick but I did chuckle a little at the “kissing disease” and I think I even heard the mono music they played on the Brady Bunch when I read that sentence. Feel better, Jaimers. Maybe download some video podcasts?

St. Louis. Good Lord. I’m going to Indianapolis on Sunday. Advertising is so freaking glamorous, isn’t it?

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger concha said...

my bf in hs got mono. but, you know, me, strong like bull. wasn't it you that said i had a wolverine immune system? that's funny. cause in hs we were the wellington wolverines. somehow it all comes back to hs. and clare's ass hair.

ps. strep throat sucks. in college i got it 2x in one semester. but i kissed a lot of boys, as you can imagine. yes. big tongue on the dance floor slut. anyway. i remember one time i was sitting in the campus infirmary and i had to list my symptoms. my "throat" hurt so bad i couldn't remember how to spell it. throght...thought...th...AGHFUUUCK!!! then they gave me some nice throght medicine. or maybe that was the morning after pill. my bible beating mom always told me kissing could get you pregnant.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Check me out: said...

as for what to do during mono, here you go: watch court shows on tv. i'm sure there's one on from 9am to 4pm straight.

but you need to play this game: try to decide who's gonna win by the first time you see them. yep, your very first impressions.

it's balls of fun for everybody.

congrats on the lovely lady.

get back to blogging.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home