Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Happy Voting!

Living in Chappaqua, NY I'm privy to some pretty interesting recorded phone calls. In one day I received two calls from my congresswoman Nita Lowie, one from Chuck Schumer, 2 from Hillary Clinton, 2 from Eliot Spitzer, 1 from Rudy Guilliani, 1 from some woman who had been raped and was endorsing a country clerk, and 1 from Bill Clinton who said he wanted to talk to me not as a president but as a neighbor, awwwwww. Other days I have received push polls, recorded messages warning me of push polls, and various other local officials all with some much need script reading classes.
And in spite of picking up the freaking phone every freaking 5 minutes I'm still going to vote. There are too many bond issues, too many local officials, and too many local issues out there for us to forget about just because a president isn't on the ballot.

See you at the polls!

5 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger concha said...

oh please. you live for voting. you dream about voting in your sleep. if voting were a woman...well, let's say you'd definitely find a little latin in you and call her mami.

and...nu uh. bill clinton called you? heard of celebrity sightings but never celebrity phonings. i'm star struck just reading about it.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Jaime Schwarz said...

I just wonder if anything was going on under Bill's desk while he was making that phone call recording.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger concha said...

let's hope so. cause we all deserve to get some. even democrats.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Single, Party of One said...

I fucking love the 2 of you. And I'd be star struck too, if Bill called me.

So did any of these people give you a throaty "hey what're u wearing?" Hilary? Bill? Just curious. It might work. You never know.

ps - this new "type the characters you see in the picture above" thing is cool for keeping the spammers off but for the love of GOD - i can't even read the letters. i keep re-pasting til i get letters i can read. Choose your fonts wisely, blogspot!

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Jaime Schwarz said...

Well Rebbe, Bill did sound a little hoarse, but Hillary was magnificent! She just floated those words right off the page and into my phone!
As for the character typer thingy it's so deforemed and melted looking I'm just waiting for one of the to say "kill for me!"
(this one says Isaghk)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home