Friday, October 28, 2005

Libby's sleepin' wit da fishes

Because I'm the guy who writes all the boring news stuff I have to write something about this freaking complicated leak case now that Libby's been indicted. (That can't be how indicted is spelled, hmm spell check says it is so.) Patrick Fitzgerald tried to make a baseball analogy about what's been going on but it was a bit too vague. So I thought I'd try to make it a little more entertaining but putting it in a more identifiable context, through the eyes of a Sopranos fan. Somehow the mafia just seems to work here, don't you think? But I can't seem to get this down right. So anyone who's a Sopranos fan, help me out here. http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/cast for cast list. This is what I've got so far:

Tony Soprano (The boss): Cheney
Uncle Junior (The guy who thinks he's boss): Bush
Andrea (talked to feds trying to help her mafia husband Christopher and was shot in the head): Valerie Plame
Christopher (forced to lose his wife and has shown signs of disloyalty in the past): Joe Wilson
Dr. Melfi (Tony's shrink, trying to get honesty out of him from the beginning): Patrick Fitzgerald
Silvio Dante (Tony's Consigliarie and owner of Bada Bing gentlemen's club): Karl Rove
Ralphie Cifferetto: (Captain who earned a lot but who talked a little too much, now he's "missing."): Libby
Livia (Tony's mother, still influential from beyond the grave): Barbara Bush

Obviously it's not an exact match and I'm missing some people. So help me out. I'm taking this thing to Broadway!

1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger concha said...

just think in-DICKted. like in-DICKCHENEY-ed.

this is how i remember things. no wonder i'm always confused.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home