Monday, September 26, 2005

We're doin' ok (originally published August 7, 2005)

I just got back from watching The March of the Penguins with my parents. It was a noon show so there were a lot of parents with their little kids. We watched the movie to the sounds of kids yelling and kicking and asking what kind of chickens those were.
And as we watched we say babies dying left and right, adults starving to death and being eaten by Sea Lions. And my dad leaned over to me during one of the winter storm scenes as a kid was kicking his seat and he said, "You see how tough we have it." And honestly, I don't know if he was referring to parents troubles regardless of the species or human parents and these anoying scenes in movie theatres where they just won't stop.
So I looked back at the screen and then I felt my own chair being kicked and I thought, hmm, you know what, life as a human ain't so bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home